“We are inspired to work more diligently and creatively towards a world in which Earth’s precious resources are better utilized and food is used, not wasted.”
It all started while volunteering with New York Cares. She helped setup SAT classes for students on Saturdays. Those students would arrive at 8am with Dunkin Donuts and by noon completely crash. Her big concern was that they were not getting the most out of their time, retaining the information, and this was based on poor nutrition.
A small taste of what you’ll learn in this interview:
- How volunteer work led her to pursue her business idea.
- Why she pursued hydroponics.
- Why you should pursue work that aligns to your skills and values.
- Should you work with consultants or mentors?
- How she funded her idea
- Should you do a side-hustle?
- What was her work routine like when she had a full time job?
- How should you approach your business from the start?
- What is the depth of the food problem she is addressing?
- Why is it difficult for hydroponic solutions to become verified organic?
- Does her solution have the same efficacy as other solutions?
- How her solution supports our environment and what are the other benefits such as year round growth?